Thursday, November 23, 2006

Corridor 44: Chef Carl Klein


I had the opportunity to spend a night in the kitchen with Chef Carl Klein of Corridor 44 several weeks ago. Carl and I worked together for a short time at Vesta until he left to take on a sous chef position at their sister restaurant Steuben's. After several months at Steuben's, Carl accepted the executive chef position at Corridor 44 Champagne Bar. Since then, he has re written the menu and created a buzz over the food at Corridor 44. It's not just a champagne bar anymore, but a place to find amazing small plates and meticulously prepared cuisine. For my one night stay in the kitchen, I was able to observe Carl's passion for proper technique and quality ingredients. He takes great pride in his stocks and sauces, including mushroom, duck, pork, lamb, chicken, lobster, veal and others depending on the menu. It is great to see the caliber and quality of food that Carl is preparing here in Denver. I only wish Denver had more restaurants that were up to par with the food that Carl is creating. I respect Carl's cuisine and wish him, and Corridor 44 the best of luck. Here are some photos from my stay at Corridor 44.



Lox Plate

Cheese Plate

Pork Rib Chop

Sauces

Duck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home