Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Finished Product

Here is the outcome of the gougere experimentations. I enjoyed the flavor of gruyere and the lightness of the gougeres, but they left my mouth feeling dry. To remedy this, I decided to incorporate a buttery, creamy like cheese in an almost inside out sandwich style. I took gournay cheese, whipped it with heavy cream, and folded in candied pecan bits. Completed with more pecan bits and a drizzle of honey. The finished product ended up being light, savory, creamy, with just a touch of sweetness. I was also trying to create a maple fig glass as garniture but I couldn't get my sugar to solidify to a hard enough state. I am essentially trying to create a thin brittle caramel with the flavors of fig and maple. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Blogger Giuseppewong said...

Gougeres sound good and they look great man! I'm wondering how they would be if you made a dessert flavored one and then put it in a freezer? A nice frozen treat?

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home