Friday, September 29, 2006

Alinea : The Future of Fine Dining?


It was around eight o' clock when the cab dropped me off at 1723 Halsted St in Chicago. I was visiting for the first time and was still unfamiliar with the area. I double checked the note I had jotted in my pocket to make sure I had arrived at the correct address. Sure enough, 1723 was written across the brick front of this seemingly uninviting building. To the right of the address stood two large, black doors. Appearing to be more a service or delivery entrance, I was skeptical to go in. I decided to venture anyway. Beyond the large, fortress like doors was a long hallway that got smaller and smaller, as if out of an Alice in Wonderland scene. At the end of the hallway to my right shone a bright white light. I moved curiously down the hall, anxious to see what was around the corner. As I reached the end and peered around the corner to my right, I heard a swift "woosh" sound. As if out of a sci fi movie, two stainless steel doors had automatically opened to my left. In front of the doors stood a well groomed man in a meticulously pressed suit. "Good evening, welcome to Alinea. Allow me to show you to your table." To be Continued.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Rugile said...

That was quite a night. I think the guy who designed the entrance must have been a big Star Trek fan! That was an amazing evening. I am glad we got to share that together. Love the blog idea...keep it going.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home